Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 31, 2019

Adi Wallach creator and co-founder of CalmiGo

Adi Wallach

My name is Adi Wallach and I'm the creator and co-founder of CalmiGo. The idea came about as a result of my own personal struggles with anxiety attacks. Wishing to avoid medication, I turned to therapy, biofeedback, yoga, herbal supplements, deep breathing, and other relaxation techniques to find some relief. While these tools and techniques helped me to lessen the frequency of the attacks, I found that it was very hard for me to use them to a successful degree during the attacks themselves.

When I learned more I discovered that this type of attacks is more than just psychological: it is a physical and chemical 'assault' on the body's systems, one that is so overwhelming that you might think it's never going to end, that you're losing your mind or having a heart attack. The feelings during these attacks were so awful that I chose, as many others do, to engage in 'avoidance behavior' - avoiding situations or places that may potentially trigger an attack. I stopped going to the cinema, to bars and even to the swimming pool; fear of the next attack was taking a huge toll on my quality of life. It is no wonder that some people also turn to drugs or alcohol simply to find relief. There had to be a better solution.

Out of this unfortunate situation, CalmiGo was conceived. I was searching for something, anything, that I could take with me that would help me get through these moments of distress. When I was unable to find an adequate solution, I decided to create a device which people could take with them anywhere they go, one that would help them stop moments of anxiousness and distress regardless of age, location or technical abilities.

I will be exhibiting at the Match my spirit Bazaar on March 29 2019.Do join me !

                                                        https://bit.ly/2QGkJvQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warm Welcome by Blogger Naini Nakagawa of Matchmyspirit Inc

                                                                                                         Naini Nakagawa Hello and WARM W...