Menu

Drop Down MenusCSS Drop Down MenuPure CSS Dropdown Menu

Blog Archive

Monday, April 8, 2019

Shale Maulana ~ Reiki Healer

Shale Maulana

I grew up in Seattle in the shadow of Mount Rainier. As a teenager, I sipped black coffee and listened to grunge music. I moved to Atlanta after finishing college, trading in black coffee for sweet tea. I worked in bars, cafes, and restaurants while exploring independence and a new city. After a few years, I was ready to move forward in my professional development and moved to Philadelphia for graduate school, and to be closer to The Roots, the band I adored. I lived in Philly for three years, completed grad school and slid into the deepest pit of despair. There were many things that took me to this place - working too hard, drinking too much, not sleeping enough, eating the wrong foods, and most of all not valuing myself or my time. I struggled for many years with severe depression, anxiety, and a painful digestive disorder. There were times I was sure I wouldn’t make it. There were times I planned for my death. There were times I cried until my eyes ran out of tears. There were times when I wished I could cry but was too numb. There were days and weeks I could barely leave my bed.

I moved to Brooklyn with $200 in my bank account, a good friend, and a patchy plan to make it work. I would never recommend to anyone to move to New York City during the worst time of your life, but this was my path. I was terrified, but more scared of the thoughts in my head than what could happen to me in the city. I committed to myself that I would get well, whatever that meant, and however I could. Getting my feet on the ground was my first step to recovery. After about a year of hustling, I finally found myself on solid ground with a full-time job in my field and stable housing. I started juicing and drinking smoothies and improving my eating habits.

I started going to yoga class. Yoga was a bridge that brought me back to myself. It gave me something to hold onto - when there was little I could control in my chaotic life, I had my yoga practice. It gave me an anchor and helped me to begin the process of healing my body, mind and spirit.

I began to study mindfulness. I devoured books on healing and personal development. I started spending time in nature, taking long walks in parks and going on hikes when I could. Slowly, I started to recover. I started to laugh again. I started to do things just for fun. I started to be active in my life, planning out things for myself that I wanted and needed. I learned to take care of myself. I learned to ask for help, and how to receive it. I learned how to say no. I made new friends. I learned how to love myself, actively and proactively. I found my way back to health through holistic nutrition, herbal medicine, Reiki, and meditation among other healing modalities. I have deep gratitude for every single struggle I have been through, for each one has taught me invaluable lessons.

I began to receive Reiki treatments as a complement to the healing process underway in my life. A friend recommended it to me, and at the time, I had no idea what it was or how it worked. Although skeptical at first, I decided to give it a try. After my first session, I felt happy, relaxed, and left with a strong sense that something profound had shifted in me for the better. My skepticism evaporated as I could feel the energy shifts happening, and could see changes in my mood, my energy, and quality of sleep after just a few treatments. I felt joyful, calm, deeply connected and vibrant after a few months of regular treatments.

I became an eager student of Reiki, and received training and Reiki attunements to be able to share  Reiki with others. I began to incorporate Reiki as one of the many modalities I use for personal wellness and healing. It is as profoundly healing as it is gentle. It is one of my greatest joys to share this beautiful, gentle, sacred healing practice with friends, family, and clients.


Social Networks

Facebook : Shale Maulana
Instagram: @shale_sana

I will be exhibiting at the Match my spirit Bazaar on July 25, 2019.
Register Here http://bit.ly/2J72quT

I will be exhibiting at the Match my spirit Bazaar on October 5, 2019.
Register Here http://bit.ly/2UQ265T

I will be exhibiting at the Match my spirit Bazaar on December 7, 2019.
Register Here http://bit.ly/2GZY2vc





No comments:

Post a Comment

Warm Welcome by Blogger Naini Nakagawa of Matchmyspirit Inc

                                                                                                         Naini Nakagawa Hello and WARM W...